Big Firm Expertise. Small Firm Attention. Get a Consultation

Riverside Paternity Lawyer

We Know Family Law Involves Personal Matters

Family law, by nature, can include very personal matters. Paternity testing is a personal matter that will need to involve the assistance of a knowledgeable attorney. Whether you are a father who needs to protect your rights with your child or a mother who is fighting for alimony, we are available to help you through the process.

We can help by legally compelling an individual to take a DNA test or to help you reverse a declaration of paternity. It is essential to take immediate action for effective results.

Paternity laws can become very complex, on both a legal and emotional level. You can select our firm for aggressive and personal representation through your case. We understand that this is a sensitive manner and can respectively help you resolve the custody or other legal matter at hand.

Dedicated Legal Services for Families

When an unmarried couple has a child, they can petition the court to determine the parentage of the child and make custody and support orders. Both parents can voluntarily accept parentage or request that the court order a DNA test to verify the parentage. Once parentage is established, the court will be able to make custody, visitation and support orders. These orders are made in the same fashion as divorce and legal separation cases.

For custody and visitation, the parents will have to attend mediation; for child support, the income of both parents along with the amount of time they are with the child will be taken into consideration.

These situations can be difficult to handle, and it is important that you contact an attorney from our firm as soon as possible. We serve parents in Riverside, Corona, San Bernardino, Rancho Cucamonga, Hemet, Murrieta, and the surrounding cities.

Common Questions and Answers Regarding Paternity

If the father is not listed on the birth certificate or did not sign a voluntary paternity at the time of birth, how do I prove he is the father? 
Either the father or mother can file a petition with the court and have the father establish the biological father of the child.

Do we have to go to court if we agree on the custody and support arrangements? 
You should still open a case with the court (file a petition) and then you can submit a judgment for the court to sign making your agreement enforceable.

My ex-wife filed for child support. She is claiming that I am the presumed father and that I raised my step-daughter as my own. I am not on the birth certificate and I am not the biological father. Can the court still order me to pay child support for a child that is not my biological child? 
Yes. Depending on the facts, you may be considered the presumed father under California law if you held yourself out to be the father and there is such a bond between you and your step-daughter that she views you as her father. This is a highly complex area of the law.

Contact the Albright Family Law Group online or call (951) 400-5273 today to schedule your consultation with one of our Riverside divorce attorneys.

  • “From the bottom of my heart, I am truly appreciative not to mention extremely satisfied with how Shauna Albright had a whole team on my case as if it was her own!”
  • “Received a very informative consultation from Attorney Ms. Albright, who was very honest and helpful with my questions concerning my divorce!”
  • “This law firm is the best! The attorneys and staff helped me with my custody case.”
  • “I cannot speak more highly of this team. Attorney Brandy Tristao stepped in at the tail end of an already long and drawn out divorce.”
  • “Brandy Tristao has been my attorney during my divorce this past year. She always listened and provided sound advice.”
  • “I cannot say enough good things about Shauna and her team, if you are looking for a great family law attorney she is the only one to call.”
  • “If you need family law representation do not hesitate to contact this law firm. Simply the best!!!”
  • “She did everything she said she would, in a timely fashion.”

Offering Clear, Effective, & Trustworthy Legal Solutions We’re Here For You

Contact Us Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy