Riverside Guardianship Lawyers Trust Law Offices of Shauna M. Albright

Riverside Guardianship Lawyers

Trusted Attorneys in Riverside County, Moreno Valley & Corona

One major concern many families face is the legal complications regarding guardianships. A person may petition the court for guardianship of a child and / or their estate while that child is under the age of 18. This petition can be made with or without consent from the parents of the minor child.

If you are interested in seeking guardianship for a child, talk to one of our lawyers to discuss your legal options. At the Law Offices of Shauna M. Albright, we understand that you may be facing a very difficult situation when you are confronted with a family law issue.

Contact our attorneys serving Riverside today for the representation you deserve.

What Are the Responsibilities of a Guardian?

The guardian will be responsible for all aspects of the child's care and estate, including:

  • Living arrangements
  • Medical care
  • Healthcare decisions
  • Educational needs
  • Finance management
  • Food
  • Physical and emotional development

Petitioning for Guardianship in California

The guardian will be given "Letters of Guardianship" to help carry out his or her duties. The court may make temporary orders for a guardianship pending a hearing on permanent orders.

Any orders will terminate upon the child reaching the age of 18 or further order of the court.

Common Questions and Answers About Guardianship

I take care of my brother's child full-time. The child's mom cannot be located. Do I really need to get guardianship?

  • If you want to be able to enroll the child in school or day care, apply for benefits on the child's behalf, authorize medical treatment or manage the child's finances, you will most likely need to have "letters of guardianship" and provide a copy to the establishment before they will discuss anything regarding the minor with you.

My daughter is not doing well and cannot adequately care for her child at this time. She is in agreement to a guardianship. I do not know where the father is or how to contact him. Does he have to be informed?

  • The court requires that the child's mother, father, and grandparents be made aware of any guardianship petition. If the contact information is unknown, the court will request information of the methods used to try to locate them.

Helping Families Find Solutions During Challenging Times

Each situation is unique and it is important that you speak with a Riverside lawyer from the Law Offices of Shauna M. Albright prior to undertaking any legal family law issues.

What Our Clients Are Saying

Past Testimonials From Clients
  • “I heartily recommend this firm!”

    Frank Acedo

  • “Great communication by the staff!”

    Maria Rocha

  • “I cannot speak more highly of this team!”

    Faythe G

  • “She was professional, knowledgeable & did an excellent job.”

    Gena W.

  • “I would highly recommend Brandy at this firm to anyone.”

    Earnest S.

  • “Mrs. Albright really went to bat for me in court.”


  • “Professional and Caring Lawyer”

    N. Hall

  • “Shauna Albright is the best family lawyer out there.”


  • “The staff there is so informative and helpful !”

    Jessica C.

  • “I can't say enough good things!”

    Dave K.



  • “A Lawyer with compassion and dedication, devoted to justice”


  • “I would recommend Brandy and this law office.”

    Tracy P.

  • “Best Child Custody Lawyer”


  • “Thank you so much for what you did for me.”

    Juan S.

powered by BirdEye