Child Support Attorneys Serving Riverside & The Surrounding Areas

Child Support Attorneys in Riverside

Divorce Lawyers in Riverside County and San Bernardino County

Establishing Child Custody FairlyThe Law Offices of Shauna M. Albright has years of combined experience handling complex divorce and family law cases and we understand the various California laws governing child support. Working with our firm can greatly benefit the outcome of your divorce case. Our child support lawyers in Riverside have the resources available to help you.

It is the court's desire and obligation to ensure that our state's children are well cared for. In making a determination of child support, the court will take into consideration variables that could alter the outcome of a child support case.

Some of the factors that they consider include:

  • Each parent's earnings
  • Each parent's ability to make an earning
  • The amount of time that each child shares with the parent
  • Children from other relationships that are not involved in the current case

The goal is to ensure that the children are equally provided for while in the care of each parent, regardless of the parent's individual earnings. Child support is modifiable until the child turns 18 or 19 (if not yet graduated high school), marries, dies or becomes emancipated.

Therefore, if there is a change in your income, the other parent's income or the timeshare, either parent may petition the court to modify the present support order. The parties can agree on child support as well.

Common Questions and Answers Regarding Child Support

My daughter graduates high school when she is 17. Can I terminate support when she finishes high school?
No. California law states that child support will be paid until the age of 18 or 19 if the child is still in high school. If a child happens to finish high school prior to reaching 18 years old, the parents are still obligated to provide for that child until he or she has reached the age of majority, unless that child marries or becomes emancipated.

My son has been accepted to college. Can his father be ordered to continue paying child support because my son will still be in school?
Parents are usually not legally obligated to provide for their children once they reach the age of majority/adulthood. It is not likely that a judge would make such orders.

My ex-wife and I have twins. One of them is disabled and will need assistance for the rest of his life. Am I able to terminate support after he turns 18?
In this type of situation, and depending on the severity of the disability, it is possible that child support can continue into adulthood.

What Our Clients Are Saying

Past Testimonials From Clients
  • “An excellent family law attorney”

    Family Law Client

  • “They're worth every penny!”

    Georgia B.

  • “Professional and Caring Lawyer”

    N. Hall

  • “Outstanding”


  • “Simply the best!”

    Sharon P.

  • “I would recommend Brandy and this law office.”

    Tracy P.

  • “Great communication by the staff!”

    Maria Rocha

  • “You are a true CHAMPION!!”

    Terri B.

  • “She was professional, knowledgeable & did an excellent job.”

    Gena W.





  • “Thank you so much for what you did for me.”

    Juan S.

  • “I would recommend them to my family and friends.”

    Courtney B.

  • “I can't say enough good things!”

    Dave K.

  • “Very professional and timeliness”

    Karen P.

powered by BirdEye